Thursday, January 9, 2014

One Thousand Gifts

I came across this beautifully written blog.  If you haven't read Ann Voskamp, you should.  Ann Voskamp?  Have you seen the book "One Thousand Gifts?"  That Ann Voskamp.

To Celebrate Joy

The very first sentence sticks to me.  It states:

"When you are a musician and you stop counting, it's like running
 around in the forest in the dark without a flashlight."



I'm a musician.  I've played some sort of instrument since second grade. My husband is a musician.  Our son is continuing what we started, joining his school band.   You can't perform music without counting.  Without counting, the notes don't make sense, the melody disjointed, the sounds coming forth perplexing. 

You learn quickly that by counting, the melody isn't as confusing, the sound becomes more beautiful.  And you count more, sometimes simply, other times more complex.  And each time you count, the melody is more becoming, more attractive.

 So count.  Count your blessings, as big or as small as they are.  Because blessings come in all sizes.  Just count. 



" Count your many blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done."

I will take the dare, the Joy Dare (fitting, as my first name is Joy).   I will dare myself to count MY blessings, however big or small they be.

Take the dare.  Head over to Mrs. Voskamp's blog to see more.  I have some catching up to do.





No comments:

Post a Comment