Sunday, January 5, 2014

A Tale of Two Makeovers

I'm a crafter.   I'm so right-brained it's crazy.  The Lumberjack is left-brained: he's great at math, logic puzzles, reasoning.  Me? I find things, pick them up, find ways to make them new.  I jump from one idea to the next, seeing potential in things others leave behind (because one man's trash is another one's treasure, right?) I often joke that between the Lumberjack and I, the boy got the best of both worlds: he loves science, and loves to draw, dinosaurs and dragons being his favorites. 
 
From memory, y'all.  Memory!

 I've had this bookcase for years.  Right outside my bedroom door, looked at its brownness for years.  Finally, I decided to do something with it...

Brownness.  Not pretty.

         
      Getting a little better. 

                      
                  Much nicer view from the bedroom!

Left on the side of the road, these frames needed of love, so they came home with me (that trash to treasure thing).  Black-frame, painted mirror. (And polka dotted socks!)

 


 With one coat of white paint, they started looking really good. 

Another coat of paint...happy, happy, happy frames (and pink-toed socks).  


New chalkboard paint on the mirrors, scrapbook paper on the backs to keep them cute and pretty.

 

Happy little chalkboards now, just big enough for a hello and hi ya'll! 





On to something else! 


I'm linking up to: Between Naps on the Porch Metamorphosis Monday














No comments:

Post a Comment